As light returns with the winter solstice, we are excited to present the recipients of the 2023 Restorying Regenerative Agriculture awards!
Through work ranging from buffalo reintroduction, land and seed rematriation, and traditional farming through collective governance, the Restorying Awardees represent a broad range of approaches that organizations are utilizing to heal their lands, soils, and foodways—all through practices grounded in ancestral ethics and values of their communities.
2023 Restorying Regenerative Agriculture Awardees:
- ‘Āina Momona
- American Friends Service Comittee (NM)
- Fortifying a Black Agrarian Corridor
- Kahalu’u Kuahewa
- Kansas Black Farmers Association
- Miss Anne’s Maypop Herb Shop
- Northeast Farmers of Color
- Pauquachin First Nation’s Marine Department
- Pawnee Seed Preservation Society
- Farmers of Color Network- RAFI
- Society for the Preservation of American Indian Culture
- Texas Tribal Buffalo Project
- Tierras Milperas
For more information on Restorying Regenerative Agriculture, to support the program, or to inquire about supporting awardees directly, please contact Restorying Regenerative Agriculture Program Lead Brett Ramey at firstname.lastname@example.org.